Peru is open, and so are our arms!
Here's everything you need to know about travelling here these days.
LAST UPDATED: May 5, 2022
1. Getting to Peru
If you are 12 or more years old, you need to be vaccinated to take a trip to Peru. Showing your vaccination certificate is required to take a flight within Peru, or board a train, or enter any closed area (such as restaurants, stores and museums) … in general, to do the things you are coming here to do.
You need to make sure your travel insurance covers illness, treatment and quarantine costs, and trip interruption due to COVID-19.
These are the three things you need to board a flight to Peru:
1. Proof of vaccination (all doses completed at least 14 days before you leave for Peru)
Technically you can board a flight to Peru showing a a negative molecular (such as rapid or real time PCR) test result, issued no more than 72 hours before your flight out of home departs, instead, BUT as mentioned above there is no point coming to Peru right now unless you are vaccinated.
(People under 12 years old can travel to and within Peru freely as long as they are asymptomatic.)
2. Two face masks (that’s right, two at the same time!)
3. Last but not least, the Peruvian government’s Health and Geolocation online statement:
Follow the link to complete this form 72 hours before departure, print it and bring a copy with you (or you can show the PDF on your phone).
2. During your time in Peru with Aspiring Adventures
You must wear one face mask at all times in public, and two face masks when in certain enclosed spaces such airports.
3. Getting home
1. To fly into most countries, you need a negative COVID test result. We can organize this if it needs to happen during your trip with us. The cost of the test will fall to you.
Again, if you test positive you’ll be required to complete a 14 day quarantine in Peru.
2. To board your flight out of Peru you’ll need two face masks (that’s right, two at the same time)
The last word:
All of this is simpler than it sounds, and we’ve been through it many times.
Remember, we’re here to help you!
Drop us a line or give us a call any time!